University Catering is committed to providing you with the highest level of service and safety in catering your event. The university adheres to all public health guidelines on event size restrictions and other safety protocols such as physical distancing and the use of face coverings. University Catering staff members also adhere to university regulations requiring a daily symptom self-check, and have been trained on new safety protocols and best practices.
- Self-service is currently not permitted.
- The “Contactless Catering” options in our menu section are boxed options that are dropped off, with all items individually-wrapped for a sanitary self-serve option.
- Attended stations: coffee/beverage or buffet stations with staff attendants who prepare guests’ requests and then place the items in a neutral space for guests to retrieve.
- Plated meals provide the opportunity for each guest to receive an individual plate from a staff member who is wearing a face covering and gloves. Plated meals can include staff who serve the meals or can be pre-plated where all items are pre-set and covered on the tables at each guest’s place setting.
- All staff members wear gloves and face coverings.
- Hand sanitizer will be available at each event.
- Sanitation schedules for our building and kitchen have been increased.
- UO Catering may appoint Safety Ambassadors at events at its discretion. Safety ambassadors help communicate safety protocols to guests and oversee that UO Catering staff is observing all current guidelines.
We are excited to cater for you this fall and know that a one-size-fits-all approach to events during the COVID-19 pandemic is not the answer. We invite you to contact us so we can find the best event plan to fit your objectives. Let’s work together soon!